What are the steps to pair and program Xfinity voice remote?
Xfinity Remote Setup – Programming and pairing of the Xfinity voice remote will help you to work with your TV and different soundbars and your sound speaker system.
You can easily pair your Xfinity voice remote by following the steps given below if you have a device like Xfinity X1 or Xfinity flex.
Steps for pairing your Xfinity voice remote
- you can pair your Xfinity voice remote by pressing the microphone button available
- then follow the instructions prompted on the X1 TV Box or flex streaming TV Box.
You can also follow the below steps for pairing your Xfinity voice remote
- Aim your remote towards your X1 TV Box and then press the A button on your remote.
- Now you choose the setup on your TV.
- After that, you are required to follow the instructions prompted on the X1 TV Box pr flex streaming TV Box.
On successful pairing of the voice remote with X1 TV Box you need to follow the instructions prompted on the screen step by step in order to set up the power, volume, and input control of the TV and audio system.
Steps to program your voice remote to control your X1 TV Box
- You can use the microphone option available by pressing and holding the microphone button and saying, ‘Program remote’.
- You can also use the other option which navigating to the settings page
- Then after that click on Remote settings.
- Now, choose the Voice remote pairing option available.
How to program your voice remote with your X1 TV box by using online code lookup tool?
- You can find the online remote lookup tool on your device by using the voice remote to go to that option.
- After that, you are required to follow the steps which are given in the tool in order to program your remote.
- If you are not able to find the lookup tool option, then check the remote button and see if the setup option is available on the remote or not.
If remote has a setup button on it then follow the below steps for programming
- Plugin your TV to the power socket and turn on your device.
- Now you are required to press the setup option until the light changes from red to green at the top of the remote.
- Now, you need to enter 9-9-1 until the green light flashes twice on the remote.
- After that, turn off your TV system by pressing off button on the remote.
- Now tap on the setup option on the voice remote to lock in the code after your TV gets off.
- You are all set now. Press the power button available on the remote and turn on your TV.
What if setup option is not available and your remote has number buttons?
- Plugin your TV to the power socket and turn it on.
- Now press the mute and Xfinity buttons together for a few seconds until the light changes from red to green at the top of the remote.
- After that, enter the five-digit code.
- Check if the light blinks twice then the entered code is correct.
- If the light blinks red once and then green then the code is incorrect.
- Now, press the power button present on the TV and turn on the TV
- If still your TV gets turn off, then try turning it on and check whether the mute and volume buttons are working properly or not.
- If your TV does not turn on, then try the next code.
If your TV does not have a setup button and the number buttons both
- Firstly, turn on your TV and TV box.
- Now, activate the remote.
- After that, press the microphone option on the remote by aiming the remote at the TV.
- Now, you need to follow the instructions which are prompted on the screen of the TV.
- You are all set and voice remote is paired with the TV.
- If you have already paired voice remote with TV, then you need to program it by pressing the microphone option present on the remote and say, ’Program remote’. You can also program your remote through remote programming option.
If you are still facing issues while connecting then you can perform a factory reset.
- For performing factory reset you need to press the and hold the info and home button simultaneously.
- The light will blink on the remote.
- To complete the factory reset now you need to press the power, last arrow, and volume down together.
- After completing the factory reset you can try again pairing the voice remote with the TV.
Programming and pairing of the Xfinity Remote Setup will help you to work with your TV and different soundbars and your sound speaker system. Voice control will help you easily command on your TV.