Quicken is a personal financial accounting software that helps its users in tracking and managing their expenditure in a very simple and convenient manner. It also provides its users with a budget plan that helps them in maximizing their savings.
The objective of this error is to provide you with the steps to mitigate Quicken error 1304. If you face any difficulties while performing any of the steps that will be provided below, contact Quicken Support Number. Now, before we go through the mitigation steps, let’s first look into the reasons that cause this error to occur.
What causes the Quicken error 1304 to occur?
- This error can be caused by a problem with your CD-ROM.
- The CD that you used to install your Quicken software could have also caused this error to occur.
If you have any further inquiries that you would like to make about this error, contact the quicken tech support number.
Steps to resolve the Quicken error 1304
These are the steps that you will need to follow in order to resolve the aforementioned Quicken error:
Copy the installation files from the CD and then shift them to the hard drive:
- Firstly, you will have to move Quicken into the CD-ROM. Click on the Exit option if the installation starts on its own.
- Then, you must right-click on the Microsoft Windows Start button and then click on the option to Explore.
- Now, before you copy the installation files, create a new folder in a convenient location, for example, on the desktop. You will need to copy the files on the hard drive. In order to do so, you must:
- Create a new folder on your desktop by clicking on the Desktop This option will be located on the left pane of the open window.
- Click on the Home After that click on the new folder option with the location selected in the left pane.
- A new folder should show up in the right pane. Create a name for that folder, such as “Quicken drive.”
- After that, scroll to and right-click on the Quicken CD and select to Explore in the left pane.
- Next, you will need to find the Custom and Disk1 folders in the right pane.
- Press and hold the Ctrl key at the simultaneously and pick both the folders.
- Right-click on both of the folders that have been highlighted and then click on the Copy option.
- Go back to the new folder that you had created in step c).
- In the end, right-click on that folder and then click on the Paste option. It usually takes a few minutes for these folders to be copied from your CD to your hard drive.
You must follow the steps provided below to install Quicken from the folders that you copied to your hard drive:
- To begin with, you must open up the new folder you copied the files to in the aforementioned steps.
- Next, you will have to double-click on the Disk1
- After that, double-click on the home tab to begin the installation.
- Finally, you will need to follow the instructions provided on-screen to complete the installation.
And the procedure is complete!
We hope this article has provided you with some information on how to get rid of the Quicken error 1304. There might be an off-chance of the error still existing even after you have performed all the steps accurately. In such cases, you will need to contact the Quicken phone number and seek assistance. The Quicken technical support team will make sure that any issues you might be facing are taken care of instantaneously.