QuickBooks file doctor is a software launched by Intuit Inc. for QuickBooks users. As you can understand by the name Doctor, it is used for solving the issues user’s faces while using the QuickBooks. Before QuickBooks has launched two software name QuickBooks company file diagnostic tool and QuickBooks network connectivity diagnostic tool.
Intuit has combined both of two programs together and named it QuickBooks file doctor. So, it is a file repairing software to resolve issues with files and data corruption, windows problems and much more. QuickBooks file doctor by users allowance checks the company damaged or corrupt file and resolve the issue as quick as possible. To know more about this software contact on the QuickBooks customer support number.
When QuickBooks file doctor is useful?
QuickBooks file doctor helps a user in many issues when the QuickBooks user face problems. Some of them are listed below:
- If you are unable to access a company file or face error like 301, 305, 6000, 6150 etc.
- It will be very useful if you lose some company files, due to some reasons.
- When you face network issues like accessing the multi-user setup or error like H202, H303, and
- If you want to access a company file in a system which is stored in another system.
QuickBooks Desktop File Doctor has many pros, but QuickBooks file Dictor does come with a few cons as well.
The following are a few of Disadvantages of using QuickBooks File Doctor:
- You will need the credentials of the Administrator in order to gain access to it.
- The space that your company file takes, should not exceed the limit of 2GB of data.
- Your internet should not be facing any connectivity issues and should run smoothly.
- In case you have more than one version of QuickBooks loaded into your system, QuickBooks File Doctor might be subject to malfunction. The most recommended method of usage is to make sure that only a singular installation of QuickBooks exists on your PC.
- In order to avoid a malfunction of the QuickBooks File Doctor, make sure that your QuickBooks has been fully updated with the older versions present on your system.
- QuickBooks File Doctor is only available on Windows. There is no version of QB File Doctor available for the Mac – it has only been configured to work for the Windows versions, and faces issues with compatibility on Apple manufactured systems.
Steps to follow when you go about using QuickBooks File Doctor:
- First, you will need to open up your QuickBooks Desktop.
- Then, you must make sure that you do not open up the corrupted file yet, wait for a moment.
- Next, you need to left click on the File option.
- After that, you need to select the Utility option and then navigate to the option which says Repair File and Network Problems.
- Then, you will come across a window display on your screen that asks for your permission to gather your private QuickBooks information so that QuickBooks file doctor can diagnose your issue correctly. Make sure that you absolutely click on Yes before you click on the button that reads Continue. In case this window does not appear on your screen, there is no need to worry about it – just, simply move on to executing the next step.
- You must click on Browse.
- Next, you need to navigate to the location on your PC where you have stored your company file and then left click to Open it.
- Then, you will need to click on the Show Advanced Settings and once you do that, you should be able to find a drop-down menu.
- Select the best solution from the menu to resolve the issue that you might be facing.
- Next, you will need to use your QuickBooks Login ID and Password in order to move on with the procedure.
- Now, you need to click on Next.
- If you have been able to make your way here successfully, QuickBooks File Doctor should open up.
- Now, you will need to wait for a moment or two as the application will diagnose your file, this procedure could take several minutes.
- Finally, now you will have to try and reopen your company file, which should be repaired completely.
The issue should resolve itself!
Please note again, you must remember to be patient. Depending on how large your company file is, as well as how difficult your error might be to diagnose, it could take anywhere between a few minutes to an hour. And while it could take some time to diagnose, the QuickBooks File Doctor should be able to easily resolve the issues and errors with connectivity that your company file might be facing.
In case the issue that you are facing has still not been resolved yet, please feel free to contact QuickBooks Support phone number.
Hope this article was able to clear any queries you might be having about this topic.