QuickBooks Error 80070057 – is a standard error that occurs while you are trying to open a company file. You will see an error message that says- ‘80070057, incorrect parameter’ when the user tries to open a ‘Company file.’ This means the user does not has enough permission to delete files from a specific folder. Follow the below given instructions to rectify this QuickBooks Error 80070057.
What causes Windows Update QuickBooks Error 80070057?
Several factors cause this QB error 80070057. Some of these are listed below:
- QuickBooks can’t read Company file as the Company file extension was changed.
- Damaged QuickBooks Installation
- Third-Party software is not configured for QuickBooks
- Trying to open a portable file without opening Quickbooks
- You are working on a file located on a USB drive
- QuickBooks finds damage in the company file during QuickBooks Installation.
Also Read: QuickBooks Error 3371
How to fix QuickBooks Error 80070057?
It is important to rectify this QB error 80070057 immediately and without any discrepancies. Try out the below-provided steps to fix this issue:
Solution 1 – Check and Verify Company file name extension.
- First, right click on the ‘Company file’ option
- Then choose ‘’
- Then Click ‘QuickBooks’ option
- Note the file extension in the filename field & QuickBooks version for the last opened file.
- Finally, Press OK
CHANGE FILE EXTENSION
- Now Make a New Folder
- Copy company files & paste it in a New folder.
- Right click on the New folder & select Rename
- Now change the file extension to .qbm
- Click anywhere to save changes
- Next, Restore Portable by Opening QuickBooks Desktop
- If you are facing issues when opening QuickBooks, then rename Extension to .qbb
- Now open QuickBooks desktop and restore the Backup
COPY THE COMPANY FILE & PASTE IT TO ANOTHER FOLDER IN THE FLASH DRIVE
- Open Windows Explorer by Opening Desktop
- Now go to the ‘File’ option, right click & select New Folder
- Copy ‘Companyfile.QBW’ from the flash drive & paste in a new folder
- Lastly, Open QuickBooks Desktop & Open the new folder
Solution 2- Perform a Clean Install of QuickBooks Desktop.
If the first solution hasn’t worked, you can try a ‘Clean Install.’ It is a threefold process where you need Uninstall, Rename file folder and then Re-install QuickBooks Desktop.
You can seek technical assistance at Qbdesktopsupport.com to perform a Clean Install smoothly.
Solution 3- Applicable if you are converting files from MAC to Windows.
You can use the back-up option n Windows function to convert QuickBooks from MAC to Windows.
Solution 4- You can use QuickBooks File Doctor in your system to rectify the issue.
Solution 5- You can try and configure ‘Bit Defender’ to allow QuickBooks Desktop Communication.
- Go to BitDefender 10.0 main menu & choose ‘’
- Now select the ‘Custom ’
- Now select to Exclude the path from the SCAN
- Next, Choose a New Item
- Lastly, choose a mapped drive or UNC path to browse to the company file.
Jami Martin is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cybersecurity, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at Setup USA.