Why TP-Link Extender Login is required?
The TP-Link extender login is required to track your account. You can access your account whenever you want. You can log in to your TP-link extender account from anywhere by using any web browser. Only after logging into your TP-link extender account, you can access your device and it will also provide you the notifications regarding updates or issues which needs to be fixed.
How you can log in to the TP-link wifi extender?
You can easily log in to your TP-link extender account by following the steps given below
- Firstly, connect your computer system to the LAN port available on the TP-link by using Ethernet cable.
- Now, you need to set up the static IP address on the computer manually.
- To change the IP address go to the start menu and then click on the control panel.
- You will find network and Internet options in the control panel click on that.
- Now click on change adapter settings then on local area connection.
- Open the properties and click on Internet protocol version.
- Now you can set the static address
- Open the web browser and enter the IP address in the address bar of the extender.
- After that, you need to enter the username and password in the given fields.
- If you haven’t changed the username and password then, enter the default username and password.
- Tap on enter after filling the details.
- Now, you are done with the configuration of your TP-link extender login.
What is the procedure to configure Range Extender?
You can easily set up the range extender configuration by following the steps given below.
- In order to set up the range extender configuration, you need to check for the following data
Lan IP, SSID, and Encryption type.
- Open any web browser and log in to your TP-link wifi extender.
- After login to your account, you will find a network option.
- Click on the network option to check whether the IP address is the same as that of range extender IP address or not.
- If you want to change the IP address you can change that also.
- After that, click on quick setup than on next and then tap on the wireless option.
- Now, in order to perform operations on the range extender choose that as operation mode and tap on search.
- Search your router’s SSID and choose your SSID from the given list.
- Save the settings and click on the connect option.
- Now, you can change the security settings also.
- Tap on the wireless security option and choose the encryption type.
- Now you are done with the configuration of the range extender setup.
How to configure Range Extender with the WPS button?
It is easy to set up the range extender configuration with the WPS button.
Follow the following instructions to set up the range extender configuration with the WPS button.
- Firstly, connect your range extender to the power socket which is near to your router.
- Now, you need to press the WPS button present on the router.
- After that push the WPS button which is present on the Range Extender.
- Now, you need to wait for a few seconds until the light blinks on both the Range extender and the router.
- In order to check whether the WPS process is failed or not, you need to check the wireless signal LED of the range extender.
- If the lights get off after a few minutes, this means the WPS process is failed.
- Now, try pressing the WPS button again available on the Range Extender.
- On succeeding in the WPS process, you can locate your range extender where you find the signals are low.
- Now, you can connect to the range extender from your device and can get better signal strength.
What if your TP-link extender won’t connect?
In order to check the connection error go through the instructions given below.
- First of all, check the wireless connection of the computer system.
- To check press the window key and R key simultaneously.
- An application will open type cmd and tap on ok.
- Another window will open type ‘ipconfig-all’ and click on enter.
- Then open the web browser and type tplinkwifi.net in the address bar.
- If you have changed the default setting then type the username and password which you have entered.
- If not then type the default username and password.
- Chest whether your IP address is listed that means router is connected successfully to the Internet.
- If the IP address is not listed then there might be some hardware problem.
- Check for the hardware connection.
- If then also you are facing the problem, then reboot your range extender.
The range extender is used to increase the signal strength of the wifi in the area where your router signals are low or not available. You can simply connect the range extender and increase the signal strength in that area.