You can easily create a backup for files for restoring your previous data it has many features. But sometimes the windows built-in tools is that they are silent which may create unexpected problems. For example, if you buy a computer from the manufacturer and the by default the backup is on. You will not get aware of it until and unless the hard disk space gets full and backup occupy so much of space.
You can easily delete the backup files present in your computer system by following the steps given below.
Deleting old backups
- Go to the start menu and type backup in the search bar.
- Now you will see an option named backup settings. Tap on the option.
- The settings will get open on your computer system.
- Now tap on backup and restore option.
- Now a dialog box will pop up on your screen.
- Now check the free space available on the hard drive and the space which is occupied by the backups.
- After that tap on manage space and another dialog box will appear and then enter view backups.
- Now you can see the space which is occupied by the backup files stored on the hard drive.
- After that choose the backup files which are not required anymore and then tap on delete.
- After deleting the files will up free the space occupied by the backups.
If you don’t want to run out of memory. You can change the way of storing the files on your computer system. To know the other way read the steps given below.
- For changing the settings of storing the backups you need to go to the manage windows backup disk space.
- Now select the change settings option.
- After that, you can choose two options either select the option to set the settings to keep only the latest system image or let the windows manage the backup space.
Another way of storing backups on your computer system is System Restore images. It can be created during updating the windows. Follow the following steps.
Changing System Restore settings
- Click on This PC.
- Then right-click on This PC and choose the properties option.
- Now a dialog box will appear and you can find a configure option.
- Choose the configure option.
- Now you can set the limitation value for storing the backups as per your suitability and Windows will take care that backups do not take more space above the value you have set.
How to delete the old systems files and data?
To delete the old files and data on your computer system follow the below-given steps.
- Go to the start menu and choose control panel.
- After selecting the control panel you will find a System and Security option.
- Then click on System and tap on System protection.
- Click on the System Protection tab and then enter the configure.
- Now you will find a delete option. Click on delete.
- After that select apply and tap on ok.
Advantages of deleting old files and data in Windows 10
Deleting old files and data in Windows 10 on your computer system will help to free up the space on the hard drive which will help the processor to work efficiently and properly which will help you to store more important data. You can easily delete the old backups on your computer system.
Windows 10 provide a special feature for creating a restoring point for the major updates of the windows 10. If you turned on the backup restoring at every single then it will occupy the maximum space of your computer hard drive. To delete the old backups and files you can follow the steps given above. You can easily create a backup for files for restoring your previous data it has many features. But sometimes the windows built-in tools is that they are silent which may create unexpected problems.
The old backups and files need to get deleted from time to time so that space cannot get filled completely. If you are using Windows 10 you can easily turn on and off the backup setting whenever you want. You can also delete the backups whenever it is required.