Quicken is a very popular financial software among users in the United States and Canada. There is a lot of chances users may face some glitches while working on it. Today we’ll discuss Quicken Error CC-502 it is a very common error which occurs while updating your Bank Accounts into Quicken.
Important: Process to fix this error code may complex, you can contact Quicken support.
Why Does Quicken Error CC-502 Occur?
There is a lot of possibilities for Quicken Error CC-502. Some of them listed below.
- Financial institutions updated some services
- Data File having an issue
- Quicken isn’t running with latest release etc.
but a question arises here, How Can we resolve it?
How to Resolve Quicken Error CC-502?
To fix this issue below methods will work for you, if not reach Quicken Customer Service.
Method-1: Ensure that you’re with latest Quicken release.
- Open Quicken
- Go to Help > Check for updates
- If a new release is there, Click Yes.
- Click Update then Yes.
- Follow on Screen instructions now.
Then try to update the accounts if problem resolve that’s good but if still exist follow Method 2.
Method-2: Refresh Online Banking Information
- Go the particular account from Account Bar with an error code.
- Click on the right side gear icon with downwards arrow or press Ctrl+Shift+N
- Click on Update now (Ctrl+Alt+U)
- Make a checkbox and type password on the particular account
- Click Update Now
- Alright, One Step Update Summary will show you the status
- If Account fully updated that’s great or still having Quicken Error CC-502 proceed with Method 3.
Method-3: Validate Quicken Files and Deactivate Account
- Go to Tools > Account List.
- Under the account, list click on Edit for the account that has this error code
- Click on Online Services
- Then Click On Deactivate and Click Yes to Confirm.
- Click OK and Done.
Important: First, we must ensure that Quicken File isn’t damaged or corrupted. To confirm
- Go to File > File Operations > Validate and Repair…
- Make a check to Validate file and click OK.
- A save transaction window may open click on Save.
- Now the file is Validating (This process may take some time depends upon your Quicken file size.)
- Once validation has completed, you’ll get a DATA_LOG which will show if any damage is there in Quicken files or not.
- Close DATA_LOG notepad.
Important: Immediately Contact Quicken Support, if DATA_LOG having some errors.
- Reactivate the deactivated account to do so, Go to Tools > Account List (Ctrl+A)
- Click Edit > Online Services > Set up Now…
- Put in your username & password for the account and Check to save password
- You may be promoted to enter Quicken ID & Password or Vault Password
- Click Connect.
- In the process to reactivate the account Quicken will show you your account information make sure to LINK your account instead of adding it again
- It will be gonna work this time but if not, please check Method 4.
You May Also Read: What is Quicken?
Method-4: Create New Quicken File(Test file) to ensure if Account gets Connected.
In this method, we’ll create a new Quicken Test File and add the same account in which we have Quicken Error CC-502 with original Quicken file. If it works on Quicken Test File it means we have some problem with the original data file and if not so you have to check with your financial institution or wait for 24-48 hours.
- Click File > New Quicken File…
- Choose New Quicken File and Click OK
- Give a name to a Test file.
- You’ll be asked to sign in with Quicken ID and Password
Important: You may also like how to create Quicken ID?
- Click on Add Account
- Choose your Account type (Savings, Checking, Credit Card etc.)
- Choose the same financial institution (in which we have Quicken error code cc-502)
- Put the username and password for your financial institution
- It will add an account with a Test file.
- Click Finish
- Once account added, click on it from account bar
- You’ll be able to see all of your upcoming transactions click on Accept All to get them in the register.
- To make sure everything is fine, update your bank account in Test File. Once successfully updated click Close
- Now Go to File > Click on Original File from the bottom
Important: Go to Tools > Account List > click on Edit for the account in which we are getting Quicken Error CC-502 > Online Services. We have to follow these steps to be make sure account isn’t activated it simply says Setup Now…
- Now we have to add this account again to do that
- Go to Tools > Add Account…
- Choose your account type and financial institution for the same account
- Put the username and password
Note: If you click on save password it may ask you for your vault password or Quicken ID and password.
- Click on SignIn
- Click On Connect
- This time it will add into your original Quicken File
- No need to add an account again, move the cursor to add and click on LINK- to existing Quicken Account and choose the account in which we are having Quicken Error CC-502
- Click Next and once account added click Finish
- Now we’ll have to confirm that there is no more Quicken Error CC-502 with original Quicken File.
- Click on One Step Update Icon
- Only mark that account in which we were having Quicken Error CC-502 and put the password
- Click on Update Now
- Once it says One Step Update Complete
- Click Close.
It may be a time-consuming process to fix Quicken Error CC-502 but if you’re not sure about anything with above steps. Feel free to Contact Us.
Recommendation: Follow all these steps in the same sequence you’ll be able to remove Quicken Error CC-502 from the software successfully. You may also read about Quicken Error Code CC-502 from Official Website.
Jami Martin is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cybersecurity, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at Setup USA.