Dell Error Code 2000-0142 is an error that occurs mostly on dell computers. It is a serious error that occurs on your computer system. The 2000-0142 error is caused because of ePSA is not able to read the information correctly from the hard disk due to any reason. The OS of your computer system will try to tackle this problem.
It can be caused because of the following reasons:
- The error occurs if there is a damage on the hard drive.
- Fault in the connecting cables such as SATA.
- There may be some overheating damage or mechanical damage, etc.
How to resolve the Dell Error Code 2000-0142 on your dell computer.
To resolve the problems on your computer system follow the following steps.
- Checking your SATA cables
- Firstly, you need to check the cables whether they are properly connected or not. This is the common cause of the 2000-0142 error.
- If the cables are damaged or burned then you need to get to the professionals to solve the problem.
- If the cables are connected properly and there’s is no damage done to them then you need to check for the next step.
- Passing the DST test
- When the system boots this is the hard disk test. This test completely boots the OS.
- Once the hard disk is passed through the test successfully you will see a message on the screen.
- If the test gets failed then a message will display on the screen indicating that the test is failed.
- You can also go for an alternate option. For example, you can use a special program that is available on the official Seagate website if you do not trust the DST test.
Protect your data from losing.
If you find the dell error code 2000-0142 on your computer system and your SATA cables are not working properly and you even run a DST test which got failed. You must save your data and files on your computer system because the further operations will result in losing all of your data and files.
You can further check for the Partition Recovery as it is the best software application for damaging the hard drives. This application software supports various systems which include FAT12, ReFS, NTFS, etc. You can recover data up to 1PB. This software also helps to recover all types of files which include music, documents, videos, etc.
You can go for a free trial version of Partition Recovery which will surely recover your data and provides many additional features. Once you store your data and files at a safe place then it’s time to resolve the dell error code 2000-0142 on your dell computer.
What is another method to overcome dell error 2000-0142?
You can run CHKDSK utility in order to get rid of dell error 2000-0142
- This test is an inbuilt test which is very useful and you can easily run the test for checking and testing the disk errors.
- You need to keep in mind that it will not cure the problem permanently but just for a short period of time.
- The CHKDSK test won’t solve the problem completely.
- Performing this test may also lead to damage your recoverable data by spoiling the data into a piece of short files.
- You can restore your data by using the disk internals Partition Recovery.
Reinstallation of Windows
You can follow two different ways which are
- One by reinstalling the windows on your computer system.
- The other option is you need to change the hard drive.
The reinstalling of Windows will help you for a short period of time to get rid of dell error 2000-0142. It is better to change the hard drive for a permanent solution.
The dell error code 2000-0142 is caused because of ePSA is not able to read the information correctly from the hard disk due to any reason. The OS of your computer system will try to tackle this problem.